Skip to main content

Rediscovering 'The Perceptionist'


 

Greetings to all of you my subscribers, as well as those who check my page on and off for any updates as well as whenever I do have anything new to post. It has been a while since I've actually posted something new on this page. This is a post which is slightly different from the posts that usually come off from this blog. It is more about 'Rediscovering The Perceptionist' and what I stand for through my blog posts. I do hope to make these minutes you spend reading my blog worthwhile while you take the time to get to know more about the thinking behind these blogs as well as the person behind it.

For those of you who are curious to know the 'writer in the making', I'm a young and a passionate teenager currently in my final years of pursuing a business degree in Travel and Tourism in one of the colleges in Goa. For a pretty long time, there has always been a voice from within me, that yearned to be heard and was always buried in the depths of my heart for years and for ages together. It was not until through our family interactions and outings did I discover a person to whom till date I have discovered my love for blogging- she is someone whom I can definitely credit to have actually influenced me to create my own blog- her name is Abigail Mathias, a part-time journalist as well as a school teacher. In my days in school, I used to write articles for the newspaper on and off on issues that had to do with general issues of the community such as 'Letters to the Editor' for anything related to road-safety and the lives of commuters and passersby. In the whole process, however I came to the realization that apart from these articles on general issues, other types of articles such as any short stories or essays would at times not get published due to the fact of word limits- and that is something pretty common in newspapers, for that matter in Goa as well (as around that time I was in UAE). This is something that I personally felt restricts creativity, specially the passionate writer who knows no bounds to express his or her ideas and views. This is one reason that I would attribute for starting my blog.  I was also going through a phase in my life- a cultural shock where I just couldn't accept the place where I moved into. I had moved to Goa, about two years back and just couldn't accept the fact that I had to do my BBA in Goa- a completely new environment with everything so different from the place where I was born. While I could keep complaining and telling my family about how unhappy I was to move to Goa, from UAE- a really bright and vibrant city to a state that signs off for the night by 7 PM, that wasn't the preferred method at one point and I really needed to find a way to turn my frustration which was slowly creeping into depression into something creative and better to keep myself positive and happy. So I started the blog 'The Perceptionist' initially focused on my life in Goa- the positive side such as the field trips, the customs of the people of the state before I could discover a whole new way of writing short stories based on nature weaved out of my thoughts or the intense emotions which I experience and used this as a platform to turn into something great and something that will fill you with wonder when you read them. I have also written a few articles in addition to this on my blog related to things that affect us such as 'Social Media' and 'Mental Health' specially in view of the current pandemic situation where we have all been forced to confine to our homes, and the majority of our life has gone online.


I initially started out with one blogpost-'Time Out In Goa' with little hopes that it would lead to many new posts and become my favorite hobby in the making. It has been a really successful activity that I ventured out into, and I do look forward to growing it in the near future. Also I had just recently started a new blog-'Bryce's Corner' focused mainly on Goan culture as well as my travels to different places around the world which I do hope to add many more experiences in the near future.


I hope you all enjoyed this writeup of mine and discovered a little bit more about me and the blog!!! :)


PS: I'm attaching the link along with the post of Abigail Mathias's blog- the person to whom I credit or rather I would consider as the inspiration for starting this blog


https://www.abioriginal.com/  (Please do check out her posts)


Comments

Anagha said…
Interesting read as usual. Keep on keeping on dear Bryce.
Anagha said…
Interesting read as usual. Keep on keeping on dear Bryce.
Well done Bryce. Keep going.
Abi:original said…
Thank you so much Bryce for attributing me as your inspiration to start writing. This warms my heart to no end. You have such a bright future ahead of you. Always keep that chin up and know that you are lighting the way for everyone. You make me so proud and humbled at the same time.
Unknown said…
Loved reading your article Bryce.. excellent article.. can see you have a passion for writing.. keep it up and pray all your dreams are fulfilled that you ho around the world, and give is a glimpse of it, as we read it in your words. God bless
Unknown said…
Very well captured Bryce ..transitioning to new places n moving out-of your comfort zone is not easy. But that's, what makes us value the beauty of every phase in our life... Keep it up.. Its a good learning.. Wish you a bright future 👌👍😍😍

Popular posts from this blog

The Arrival Of The Monsoon King

It has suddenly turned dark. The skies have turned dull and the trees with their lofty branches and extended family sway as the wind keeps passing on and off, a signal of a forthcoming storm soon to overtake the surrounding area. The birds stop chirping, the rooster stops crowing in attempts to safeguard and protect itself as the rain rambles it’s way through the hills, all the way to the trees and forests of the low-lying areas. A sudden strike of thunder, followed by the lashing rain and behold…..the monsoon king as he prepares to lay siege over the village, part by part, lane by lane. With great joy and exuberance, he marches around the whole sky, celebrating the victories that he has achieved over the past weeks and months, enough for him to survive the remaining months he has got before he can be finally dethroned by the Winter King.   The farmers in their fields rejoice with glee on his arrival, a plentiful harvest to satisfy themselves and their families thereupon, the young chi

The Limits of Being a Human.....

About a day back, I was pondering over an incessant thought that kept going through my mind, over and over again and this was to do with the whole idea of how the pandemic has affected us all as human beings. As I kept deliberating over it, a sudden realization struck my mind which really filled me with a lot of surprise and wonder, as I kept thinking about how could mankind, being blessed with such a great mind and intelligence allow the pandemic to unravel to such an extent so as to have almost brought the world to a complete standstill? How was it that the greatest of the greatest scientists and people with a great intellect couldn't have stopped the spread of the outbreak? As surprising or rather as strange as it sounds, the inherent limitations or weaknesses of being a human was what had in the whole process been revealed to all of us. To elaborate on this, I was just examining two types of subjects we learnt in school- one being the natural sciences focused on natural phenome

The True Meaning of Change....

As a preface to this blog article, before you start reading and getting to know the purpose of what I have to share as I write this post, this post is like an auto-biographical account into how I went through the struggles that I had to undergo when coming to Goa, and how did I personally overcome all the challenges that it took for me to adjust to the place and of course the people all around. I do hope that you are left with some great insights that can be an inspiration to yourself and the people all around, and I also wish that you are left with a message that forms the cornerstone of who you are, as well as your existence.... Change. This was a word, which I really struggled to come to terms with myself and how I would go about with my day to day life. It is something that I really feared right from the time I was born, I attended school, spent all my life in UAE, and then moved to Goa for my higher studies. All through my life, I had gone through a lot of instances and situations